Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Nathan Kulinitsch (nathank)" <na...@cisco.com> on 2008/10/02 03:26:07 UTC

SMTP Protocol

Hi Folks,

I am looking for some more information in regards to the SMTP adapter. I
have a requirement where i would like the following message flow to take
place:

SMTP --> synapse --> JMS --> ESB

What i would like to do is have the  adapter recieve SMTP messages from
an external sending party and transform the typical SMTP server fields
(reply-to, subject, body, etc) into a formated JMS message.

What i want to avoid is having the message delivered to a mail box and
then have the adapter check the mailbox via POP and then do the
transformation. (i dont want to manage mailboxes)

Could you let me know if this is possible?

thanks.

-nat

<blocked::http://www.cisco.com/global/EMEA/brand/signature/default/space
r.gif>
Nathan Kulinitsch
Enterprise Architect
Advisory Services

nathank@cisco.com <bl...@cisco.com>
Mobile :+61 407 940 169

Cisco Systems
Level 14, 101 Collins St
Melbourne, NSW
Australia, 3182

www.cisco.com.au/ <blocked::http://www.cisco.com.au/>

<blocked::http://www.cisco.com/global/EMEA/brand/signature/default/foote
rHead.gif>

Re: SMTP Protocol

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Nathan

I also want to add that we DO already have support for POP3/IMAP. So
if you can get at the email from POP3/IMAP, then we can do this
scenario right now.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: SMTP Protocol

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Yes I agree it looks very embeddable.

Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: SMTP Protocol

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@skynet.be>.

Re: SMTP Protocol

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: SMTP Protocol

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@wso2.com>.
Nathan

RE: SMTP Protocol

Posted by "Nathan Kulinitsch (nathank)" <na...@cisco.com>.
> ability for Synapse to behave as a SMTP server and accept messages
from others, and directly convert them into JMS?
Yep, that's right.

could you point me to some doco's on how to configure the transport
listener?

thanks again hey!

-nat

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
We have already discussed the idea of having an SMTP transport.

For example:

SMTPServer---->[ApacheJamesSMTPServerRunningAsASynapseTransport--->Synapse]

Paul

--