Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2006/01/21 19:08:20 UTC

[PROPOSAL] WebWork 2 Incubator Proposal

I've drafted the first cut on a WebWork 2 Incubator proposal.  There are
a couple areas I was not sure what to put (in bold) and several areas
where the WebWork folks will need to fill in.

As I understand it, once the Struts PMC approves this proposal, we can
submit it to the Incubator PMC for acceptance.  If accepted, we will get
a space in the Incubator to import the WebWork 2 code and begin the
incubation process.  This process might take several months, however,
that should be ok, because we'll need to remove LGPL dependencies and
that will take some time regardless.

Martin and Ted, I have you both down as co-Champions, but only to help
move the proposal through smoothly.  I'm prepared to take on any/all
incubator responsibilities.  Of course feel free to remove yourselves if
you'd rather not do it.

http://wiki.apache.org/struts/WebWork2Incubator

Don

Re: [PROPOSAL] WebWork 2 Incubator Proposal

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.
On 1/22/06, Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> I just made some revisions, re-organising a bit, adding in some missing
> bits, etc.

Ditto.

-Ted.

Re: [PROPOSAL] WebWork 2 Incubator Proposal

Posted by rcaix <fo...@opensymphony.com>.
HI All,

I am chandra, using struts for some years now;found Webwork 2 interesting and would like to actively participate.

Chandra

Re: [PROPOSAL] WebWork 2 Incubator Proposal

Posted by Alexandru Popescu <fo...@opensymphony.com>.
Hi everybody!

My name is Alexandru Popescu and I am confirming my interest and will to continue to help.

./alex
--
.w( the_mindstorm )p.

Re: [PROPOSAL] WebWork 2 Incubator Proposal

Posted by Rainer Hermanns <he...@aixcept.de>.
Hey,

as Rene and Ian did before, I would like to introduce myself as well to
everyone.
I would like to confirm my interest to continue the development as well
and look forward to work together with you.

Regards,
Rainer Hermanns

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Done: http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=15452

Don

Posted by Ian Roughley <ia...@fdar.com>.

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
(First time post)

Ted Husted schrieb:
> On 1/22/06, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
>
>>Yep, looks good to me.  Upon confirmation from a WebWork guy, let's do
>>an official vote and move it along.
>

> :) Hmmm, first, can we deprecate the phrase "WebWork guy"? :)
>
> Classifying people these way is a bad habit that will only cause
> trouble in the long run.
>
> Second, I believe we need for each and every individual cited on this
> proposal to affirm his or her own interest. This is not a merger of
> corporations, but of individuals. We need each individual to sign-on
> and say "Yes, I will help."

As one of the cited individuals, I hereby affirm my interest to keep on
helping.

> Perhaps we should open a companion thread to this one on the WebWork
> dev list and ask the listed developers to chime in.

I think this is a good idea. Patrick reffered the wiki entry two days
ago on the WW users list
(http://forums.opensymphony.com/thread.jspa?threadID=15286&messageID=29998#29998),
but I guess most of the mentioned WW committers are not aware of it yet.
I'm not sure how many are already reading struts devel list...

Regards,
Rene

--
Rene Gielen  | http://it-neering.net/
Aachen       | PGP-ID: BECB785A
Germany      | gielen at it-neering.net

Re: [PROPOSAL] WebWork 2 Incubator Proposal

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Mitchell <jm...@apache.org>.
I figured as much.

Thanks.