Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by John Keyes <jb...@mac.com> on 2003/11/29 03:48:50 UTC

[general] CVS import

I am trying to do a cvs import onto a branch but I can't
get it to work, the files go on to HEAD.  Has anyone
done this successfully before?

So I want to import the code onto CLI_2_DEV_BRANCH (1.1.2).
I use the following command:

cvs -d jkeyes@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs import -b 1.1.2 -m "cli2 WIP"
jakarta-commons/cli/src/java/org/apache/commons/cli2 OXSPRING CLI_WIP_2

The classes aren't imported onto the branch though!  Can
any cvs gurus shed some light on this?

Thanks,
-John K

Re: [general] CVS import

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>.
I'm not a CVS guru, but I spent a few minutes looking around on google
groups, and I don't think that you can do it in this way.

Here's a quote I found:

"Import puts things onto a vendor branch, which is special.  In
particular, things on vendor branches are also on the trunk."

So maybe you'll have to do a good old fashioned 'cvs add'?

Anyone else been in this situation?