Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Galen Warren <ga...@cvillewarrens.com> on 2020/09/09 22:26:46 UTC

add support for ScalaPB-based message-payload serialization to Stateful Functions?

Hi all -- I created a ticket
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-19176>regarding a proposal to
add a new message-payload serialization method to StateFul Functions, based
on ScalaPB. This would be very similar to the existing support for protobuf
serialization based on code generated for Java. Would this be something the
community would be interested in? Any feedback is welcome.

My apologies for the formatting in the ticket, I added hyperlinks to some
code that would be involved in the implementation, but the links don't seem
to be rendering properly.

Thanks,

Galen Warren

Re: add support for ScalaPB-based message-payload serialization to Stateful Functions?

Posted by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Galen,

Welcome to the dev list! I'll make sure the right person responds to the
ticket.

Seth