Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2004/01/23 20:12:48 UTC

[ANN] New Avalon PMC Chair

Hello!

I am honored and humbled to announce the ASF Board has appointed me as the next
Avalon PMC Chair following the recommendation and vote by the PMC.  I replace
Berin Loritsch who recently stepped down and who has be instrumental in
establishing Avalon as a top level project.  We will also miss him and wish him
luck in the future.

I have been an Avalon user and mailing list lurker since early 2002.  In 2003, I
joined Avalon as a committer and then as a PMC member.  I've contributed to
Fortress and Merlin, though most of my recent work has centered around
documentation.  I'm looking forward to working with the community to further
develop the Avalon platform.  We've got an exciting time ahead of us!

Now, if you don't mind, I've got a plane to catch... :)

---
  jaaron      <http://jadetower.org>

Re: [ANN] New Avalon PMC Chair

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
J Aaron Farr wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am honored and humbled to announce the ASF Board has appointed me as the next
> Avalon PMC Chair following the recommendation and vote by the PMC.  I replace
> Berin Loritsch who recently stepped down and who has be instrumental in
> establishing Avalon as a top level project.  We will also miss him and wish him
> luck in the future.
>
> I have been an Avalon user and mailing list lurker since early 2002.  In 2003, I
> joined Avalon as a committer and then as a PMC member.  I've contributed to
> Fortress and Merlin, though most of my recent work has centered around
> documentation.  I'm looking forward to working with the community to further
> develop the Avalon platform.  We've got an exciting time ahead of us!
>
> Now, if you don't mind, I've got a plane to catch... :)

Congratulations and good luck.  Give him an easy time, fellas!

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin