Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Andrew Zeon <az...@bigpond.net.au> on 2003/02/06 14:23:27 UTC

tagging cvs source

Hi,

I have these lines in my build.xml file:

<property name="tagname" value="release-2003-01-06"/>
<cvs command="tag ${tagname}"/>

This doesn't work. It doesn't tag the source files.

However, this works:

<cvs command="release-2003-01-06"/>

What is wrong?

Thanks.

Re: tagging cvs source

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Andrew Zeon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have these lines in my build.xml file:
>
> <property name="tagname" value="release-2003-01-06"/>
> <cvs command="tag ${tagname}"/>
>
> This doesn't work. It doesn't tag the source files.
>
> However, this works:
>
> <cvs command="release-2003-01-06"/>
>
> What is wrong?

Please run ant with -debug and look at the generated CVS command line.
You should be able to run this from the command line to see if it is an OK
command.

Please post back here and we should be able to see what is the problem.

Conor