Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Raymond Barlow <rb...@raymanoz.com> on 2003/05/17 21:36:28 UTC

warnings on startup

Hi All,

Just starting to really get my teeth into OJB, and really enjoying it!
Bt, could someone please explain what these messages mean, and if I
should do something about them? (my database is mysql):

[BOOT] WARN: Value
"org.apache.ojb.broker.singlevm.PersistenceBrokerImpl" is illegal for
key "PersistenceBrokerClass" (should be a class, using default value
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl)
[BOOT] WARN: Value
"org.apache.ojb.broker.ta.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl" is
illegal for key "PersistenceBrokerFactoryClass" (should be a class,
using default value
org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl)
<snip>
[org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerFactoryDefaultImpl] INFO:
Set default PBKey: org.apache.ojb.broker.PBKey: repository=default,
user=sysdba, password=*****
[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] problems with platform
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl:
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl
[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] OJB will use PlatformDefaultImpl instead

Regards,
Raymond Barlow
--------------------------------------

Good Deployment Of OJB

Posted by onno <on...@onnos.com>.
This is just a thank-you note for all people, Thomas Mahler especially for
helping us
to complete our project succesfully.  Thx!

Re: warnings on startup

Posted by Raymond Barlow <rb...@raymanoz.com>.
Hi Ron,

Thanks! Worked beautifully.

Cheers,
Raymond Barlow

Ron Gallagher wrote:

>Raymond --
>
>If I remember correctly, OJB 'calculates' the platform support class using
>the "platform" setting of your connection-descriptor.  Based on that class
>that OJB is attempting to use, I would guess that your platform is set to
>MYSQL.  Try setting it to MySQL (lower-case y) and see if your results
>change.

<snip>

RE: warnings on startup

Posted by Ron Gallagher <ro...@bellsouth.net>.
Raymond --

If I remember correctly, OJB 'calculates' the platform support class using
the "platform" setting of your connection-descriptor.  Based on that class
that OJB is attempting to use, I would guess that your platform is set to
MYSQL.  Try setting it to MySQL (lower-case y) and see if your results
change.

Ron Gallagher
Atlanta, GA
rongallagher@bellsouth.net

I've managed to get rid of all but 1 of these warnings. All that is left is:

[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] problems with platform
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl:
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl
[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] OJB will use PlatformDefaultImpl instead

 From where does OJB pick up org.apache.ojb.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl?
and can I change this?

Regards,
Raymond Barlow

Re: warnings on startup

Posted by Raymond Barlow <rb...@raymanoz.com>.
Hi Thomas,

That is much as I thought. That's good.

I've managed to get rid of all but 1 of these warnings. All that is left is:

[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] problems with platform
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl:
org.apache.ojb.broker.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl
[DEFAULT] WARN: [PlatformFactory] OJB will use PlatformDefaultImpl instead

 From where does OJB pick up org.apache.ojb.platforms.PlatformMYSQLImpl?
and can I change this?

Regards,
Raymond Barlow