Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org> on 2016/04/22 02:15:12 UTC

Git code migration

Hey Jakob/Hitesh,

One question that did come up about code migration was whether we need to
migrate the code now, or whether we can wait until graduation. I'm nearly
100% certain that we need to migrate now.

One gripe with this is that the repo is currently `incubator-airflow`, but
will presumably just become `airflow` after graduation, which means ANOTHER
migration. I recall the graduation migration being fairly light-weight
(they just rename the repo), but I wanted to follow up on this to check.

Cheers,
Chris

Re: Git code migration

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Yes - the code does need to be migrated now.

Migration on graduation is pretty straightforward too. There will be some very minor pains for in-flight pull requests but that should be easily managed as the code itself won’t be changing and just the repo.

thanks
— Hitesh

Re: Git code migration

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Here is a basic outline of what we need to do to migrate, and how it works:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AIRFLOW/Migrating+to+Apache

Re: Git code migration

Posted by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org>.
Hey Max,