Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Wilmoth <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/10/12 18:55:32 UTC

Fw: v5.5.x default context support outside of server.xml

Below is the response I got from the user list after inquiring about how to specify the default context for a given host in v5.5.x.  If this is indeed the correct way to specify the default context for a host in v 5.5.x, could I request that one of the following be done (in order of personal preference).

1) have tomcat respect the value of the "path" context attribute regardless of where the context is defined (inside server.xml or in mywebappcontext.xml)

2) add an attribute to host element allowing explicit declaration of the default context's path.

3) Add a section to the documentation that outlines the procedure for defining the default context/host when the context is defined inside and outside server.xml (existing docs only work for when context is defined in server.xml).

Thanks,
Jon