Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Maehr, Bernhard" <B....@mvb-online.de> on 2020/11/16 10:17:59 UTC

Unable to upload configuration with upconfig (Unable to read additional data from server)

Hello guys,

I have set up a kubernetes cluster of SOR and Zookeeper with the public available helm charts from https://github.com/helm/charts/tree/master/incubator/solr
SOLR and Zookeepers seams for me to be running each with 3 pods correctly. SOLR is in version 8.7.0, Zookeeper in version 3.5.5

As the next step I tried to upload the configsets to the Zookeeper. This should happen with CLI calls for outside SOLR and Zookeeper.

First I tried this with the zkCli.sh from Zookeeper. I was able to create a directory and list directories. But as far es I understood it is not possible to upload files with zkCli.sh, which is really a pitty.

Because of this I tried to use the solr command from SOLR instead. Unfortunately this tool sometimes works, sometimes not, even on basic commands like 'ls', which is working always with zkCli.sh

This is the result of mulitiple calls - You can see sometimes they work, sometimes not.

WARN  - 2020-11-16 11:10:05.087; org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn; An exception was thrown while closing send thread for session 0x10029be8974001a. => EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x10029be8974001a, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77)
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x10029be8974001a, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1275) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
abbreviations.txt
all_synonyms.txt
WARN  - 2020-11-16 11:10:07.234; org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn; An exception was thrown while closing send thread for session 0x20029be8bd7001d. => EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x20029be8bd7001d, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77)
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x20029be8bd7001d, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1275) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
solrconfig.xml
schema.xml
solrconfig_query.xml
word-delim-types.txt
solrconfig_indexconfig.xml
tokens.txt
minus.txt
WARN  - 2020-11-16 11:10:09.795; org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn; An exception was thrown while closing send thread for session 0x20029be8bd7001e. => EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x20029be8bd7001e, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77)
org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from server sessionid 0x20029be8bd7001e, likely server has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doIO(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:77) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxnSocketNIO.doTransport(ClientCnxnSocketNIO.java:350) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]
        at org.apache.zookeeper.ClientCnxn$SendThread.run(ClientCnxn.java:1275) ~[zookeeper-3.6.2.jar:3.6.2]

I tried it also with the older SOLR version 8.6.0 (because the included Zookeper libs are in version 3.5.7 there) and get the error
Most times I get the error "org.apache.solr.common.cloud.ConnectionManager; zkClient has disconnected"

Is this some kind of version incompatibly of SOLR and zookeeper? A wrong configuration of the zookeepers not being able to communicate between each other?

Any help appreciated
Bernhard

Re: Unable to upload configuration with upconfig (Unable to read additional data from server)

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
I recommend to use the configset api :

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_6/configsets-api.html

Especially if you need to secure ZK access with authentication / authorization which is recommended