Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Barry Wadsworth <ba...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/17 21:40:07 UTC

How to wrap a Data Table or other repeater within another repeater in Wicket?

I currently am displaying rows in a DataTable.  These represent a
denormalized, flattened view of records from 3 tables: Requests, Queues,
Events.  A request can have multiple queue records.  Each queue can have
multiple events.  So, we have records displaying like this:

Request ID   Queue ID   Event ID  Other Columns....
1                1              1            detail...
1                1              2            detail...
1                2              1            detail...
2                1              1            detail...

I would like to display a repeating view of the Requests with an expandable
view of the children queue records under each request. So, if you click the
icon, all the queue records would pop open under the request record but all
the other request records would remain visible.  Essentially, a repeating
view that presents another repeating view between rows to display child
records.  Each child record would have a link or button to display a detail
page which would show the overall information for the Request/Queue
combination along with a DataTable of Events for that Queue record.

RE: How to wrap a Data Table or other repeater within another repeater in Wicket?

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
Wicket is a component driver framework. All you have to do is isolate your
details in a panel and add it instead of a label to the parent data table.

~ Thank you,
  Paul Bors