Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Shaun Roach <sh...@wantcomputerhelp.com> on 2003/12/17 21:12:54 UTC

Problem

Hello, I have been using struts for awhile, but after I started a new project last week, I began having a problem with it.

It seems like struts cannot find the getter methods in my beans.  For instance, when I try the following jsp page:

 <logic:iterate id="statLine" name="playerDisplay" property="playerStats"   type="com.rototheory.beans.StatLine">
    <bean:write name="statLine" property="lineDate"/>
 </logic:iterate>

Nothing is generated, ( suggesting that it didn't find the lineDate getter ).
However, if I use the following code:

 <logic:iterate id="statLine" name="playerDisplay" property="playerStats"   type="com.rototheory.beans.StatLine">
    <%= statLine.getLineDate() %>
 </logic:iterate>

The correct output is generated.  I am having similar problems with struts finding collections that I am trying to iterate over.  Does anyone have any idea of what might be causing the struts to not find my bean's getters?

Thanks for your help,

Shaun Roach

RE: Problem

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
Did you include the Struts bean tag-lib directive?
In other words if you view source, do you see
<bean:write name="statLine" property="lineDate"/>
?
robert