Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Oliver Marshall <ol...@g2support.com> on 2009/03/09 15:01:55 UTC

Creating a repo remotely

Hi chaps,

I have two boxes, one a linux SVN server and one a windows web server. I want to be able to create an SVN repo on the linux box from a script on the windows based website.

Is there a command set or addon that I can install on the windows box so that it can basically access the sv-admin feature set remotely ?

Olly

--

G2 Support

Network Support : Online Backups : Server Management

www.g2support.com<http://www.g2support.com>

Re: Creating a repo remotely

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:01, Oliver Marshall
<ol...@g2support.com> wrote:
> Hi chaps,
>

> I have two boxes, one a linux SVN server and one a windows web server. I
> want to be able to create an SVN repo on the linux box from a script on the
> windows based website.
>

> Is there a command set or addon that I can install on the windows box so
> that it can basically access the sv-admin feature set remotely ?

No. You must have local filesystem access (or a web front-end on the
server which has that access) to create a repository and use anything
in svnadmin.

Re: Creating a repo remotely

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Monday 09 March 2009 17:01:55 you wrote:
> I have two boxes, one a linux SVN server and one a windows web server. I
> want to be able to create an SVN repo on the linux box from a script on the
> windows based website.

Interesting question.

For remote WebDAV svn administration you could use svnmanager:
http://svnmanager.sourceforge.net/

Other solution would be to use ssh to connect to your linux box and then use
command line commands. I guess that could be easily scripted.

--
Bogdan

Re: Creating a repo remotely

Posted by B Smith-Mannschott <bs...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 16:01, Oliver Marshall
<ol...@g2support.com> wrote:
> Hi chaps,
>

> I have two boxes, one a linux SVN server and one a windows web server. I
> want to be able to create an SVN repo on the linux box from a script on the
> windows based website.
>

> Is there a command set or addon that I can install on the windows box so
> that it can basically access the sv-admin feature set remotely ?

Probably not the answer you're looking for: putty.
http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

// ben