Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de> on 2000/11/20 11:00:45 UTC

Re[4]: [Q] How to query session.isNew() with struts:logic tags

Hi Joe,

> mayby i am wrong but
> PageContext.SESSION is a string, so how could it expose a property "new" ?

It's a string. That's correct. However, I have used it as RTE to specify
the _name_ of a bean that has a property "new" (at least, that was my
intention). It's no longer important for me, I'm using java code now.

That leaves the question if I could expect to find the implicit page,
request and session objects stored in the pagecontext name table (c/w javadoc
for PageContext) ?

Matthias                        (mailto:make@BESToffers.de)

Re: [Q] How to query session.isNew() with struts:logic tags

Posted by Joe Peer <jo...@wap-force.net>.

Re[2]: [Q] How to query session.isNew() with struts:logic tags

Posted by Matthias Kerkhoff <ma...@BESToffers.de>.
>> That leaves the question if I could expect to find the implicit page,
>> request and session objects stored in the pagecontext name table (c/w javadoc
>> for PageContext) ?
>>

> At least under Tomcat, these objects are available as page scope attributes,
> under the symbolic names like PageContext.SESSION and so on.  I believe this is
> required, but haven't had a chance to double check.

Thanks - I will report this to BEA. I would also think that they should be
there.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Joe Peer wrote:

> "new" ?
>
> i was _really_ wrong !
> sorry about that

Not a problem.  It let me brag about how smart the Struts tags can be :-).

> -joe

Craig McClanahan

Re: [Q] How to query session.isNew() with struts:logic tags

Posted by Joe Peer <jo...@wap-force.net>.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.