Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ahum <em...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/16 22:18:00 UTC

error line 241

Hello all

For some reason when trying to run tomcat, i'm getting an error message that
says

Error reading c:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.3.2\conf\server.xml
At Line 241 /server/contextmanager/coyoteconnector/ port=8080 maxThreads=150
minsparethreads=25 maxsparethreads=75 enablelookups=false acceptcount=100
debug=0 connectiontimeout=20000 disableuploadtimeout=true

sun.misc.InvalidjarIndexException:invalid index!

and a whole load of other stuff

I've disabled the firewall and reinstalled apache 2.2.2 but I'm still
getting the same problems. With apache i installed on port 80 default
setting. Also running on Windows XP. Tomcat version 3.3.2

Re: error line 241

Posted by ahum <em...@hotmail.com>.
Thank you for that information.

I now no longer get an error message but what happens is that another
command prompt window opens up really quickly, flashes then closes. When i
go to http://localhost:8080 i get page cannot be displayed so i dont think
tomcat is running. Any suggestions please?

Re: error line 241

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"ahum" <em...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello all
>
> For some reason when trying to run tomcat, i'm getting an error message
> that
> says
>
> Error reading c:\tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.3.2\conf\server.xml
> At Line 241 /server/contextmanager/coyoteconnector/ port=8080
> maxThreads=150
> minsparethreads=25 maxsparethreads=75 enablelookups=false acceptcount=100
> debug=0 connectiontimeout=20000 disableuploadtimeout=true
>
> sun.misc.InvalidjarIndexException:invalid index!

Presumably, you are using JDK 1.3.0, which has a bug with jars that have
indexes.  The easiest is to simply remove the index file from:
  lib\container:
        tomcat-jk2.jar
        tomcat-http11.jar
        tomcat-coyote.jar