Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Qing Lan <la...@live.com> on 2018/12/21 01:01:31 UTC

Malformed package uploaded to Maven central

Dear Community,

Recently I tried to improve the Maven automated publish procedure and tested publish the package. However, I accidently used maven to upload a package to a close release branch: https://repository.apache.org/#nexus-search;gav~org.apache.mxnet~~1.5.0~~/<https://repository.apache.org/#nexus-search;gav~org.apache.mxnet~~1.5.0~~>. However, it seemed that I didn’t have the access to remove this package since it is controlled by Maven central. In this case, I regretfully request a PMC/PPMC member to file an Apache Infra ticket to remove this package from there so it won’t influence the current maven users to download them. The influence is limited to OSX users who are using official releases of MXNet Scala/Java packages.

I apologize for this act and won’t do any more risky experiment until I am fully aware of the consequence of it.
Qing

Re: Malformed package uploaded to Maven central

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.
I don't think they will disable PUT because some projects might be manually
uploading artifacts.
Here is the ticket i created :

Posted by Frank Liu <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Naveen Swamy <mn...@gmail.com>.