Posted to olio-user@incubator.apache.org by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/03 14:17:58 UTC

Question about Olio/Faban

Hi All,

Is it possible in Faban to increase the number of concurrent users in the middle of the run? If not, is it possible to run 2 Faban instance (maybe on different machines) and run the other benchmark run after the first one is running a while? Will it cause any problems on the  faban agents side if 2 instances are talking to it?

I'm interested to see how the response time behaves/pattern when the number of concurrent users change.

Thanks,
Harold

Re: Question about Olio/Faban

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.
Again, this is the future. You can certainly parse entries out of the
log.xml in your run directory at this point.

As for the load variation, I'll see what I need to do. I cannot do a big
surgery for Faban 1.0 anymore but if it is low risk, I'll fix it.
Otherwise we'll need to do some post 1.0 build and give that to you.

-Akara

Posted by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Akara,

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.
This is odd. Certainly does not coincide with the code as I interpret
it. Something else must be holding the ramp-up back. I'll need to check.
Thanks.

-Akara

Posted by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Akara,

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.

Harold Lim wrote:
> I'm curious as to whether the final figure/data will capture the variable workload or just ramp up -> steady state -> ramp down data.
>
> I'm interested in the response time graph of the variable load.
>

> -Harold

>>> 1200, 400

Posted by Harold Lim <ro...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Akara Sucharitakul <Ak...@Sun.COM>.