Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2018/09/18 11:21:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Tag:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/jk/tags/JK_1_2_45/

Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/

This is a maintenance release to address a regression in 1.2.44 and to
provide general improvements to the handling of path parameters.
It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.

The proposed JK 1.2.45 release is:
[ ] Broken - do not release
[ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.45

[VOTE][CANCELLED] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

On 18/09/2018 07:21, Mark Thomas wrote:
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/jk/tags/JK_1_2_45/
>
> Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>

> This is a maintenance release to address a regression in 1.2.44 and to
> provide general improvements to the handling of path parameters.
> It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>

> The proposed JK 1.2.45 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ ] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.45

I have cancelled this vote due to BZ 62751. I'll re-tag and re-roll the
release shortly.

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 21.09.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> On 21/09/18 13:55, Rainer Jung wrote:

>>> Figured it out. I built the binaries from the source distribution rather
>>> than from an svn checkout / export. The native/LICENSE and native/NOTICE
>>> files aren't in the source distribution.

>>> Looks to be the same cause.
>>>
>>> I'll look at the source packaging for the next release as well.
>>
>> The jk release script moves (cp, then deletes) LICENSE and NOTICE from
>> native to one directory up so that they are immediately visible. See
>> variable "COPY_NATIVE" and its use.
>
> Just found it ;)
>
> I need to keep a closer eye on the "file not found" messages when
> running the steps to build the binaries. Fixed versions are on the way...

I reran my check scripts, they no longer complain. Looks good!

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 21.09.2018 um 14:37 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> On 20/09/18 12:19, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 20/09/18 11:27, Rainer Jung wrote:
>>> Partial results (IMHO no show-stoppers so far):
>>>
>>> - the following zip files previously contained LICENSE, NOTICE
>>
>> That is a show-stopper. But at least I can rebuild the binaries with
>> those files. No need to re-tag. I wonder what went wrong. I don't think
>> I did anything different.
>
> Figured it out. I built the binaries from the source distribution rather
> than from an svn checkout / export. The native/LICENSE and native/NOTICE
> files aren't in the source distribution.
>
>>> and do no
>>> longer contain them. The symbol files in addition miss the previously
>>> contained README file:
>>
>> Less of an issue but I'll fix that too.
>
> Looks to be the same cause.
>
> I'll look at the source packaging for the next release as well.

The jk release script moves (cp, then deletes) LICENSE and NOTICE from
native to one directory up so that they are immediately visible. See
variable "COPY_NATIVE" and its use.

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 24.09.2018 um 14:27 schrieb Mark Thomas:

> On 24/09/2018 05:36, Rainer Jung wrote:
>> What should we do in the light of BZ 62751 (r1841817)? It is a
>> regression in 1.2.44 when the timeout based on poll() was added.
>>
>> The bug means, that a short connect (=connection setup) timeout
>> someone might have configured actually results in a long timeout
>> (using seconds instead of milliseconds as expected and documented).
>>
>> By default no timeout is set, so the bug hits only, when a
>> socket_connect_timeout was explicitly set (and the platform is one
>> that has poll() and is not Windows; that should be true for most
>> non-Windows platforms). The example config that is part of the source
>> distribution and was suggested frequently (and least by me) does set
>> the timeout though:
>>
>> # - socket_connect_timeout: milliseconds, default=0
>> #   Since: 1.2.27
>> worker.template.socket_connect_timeout=5000
>>
>> This should behave like 5 seconds, but now behaves like about 1.5
>> hours timeout.
>>
>> Since it is a 1.2.44 regression, should we drop 1.2.45 and do a 1.2.46
>> with only that fix on top?
>
> I think that makes sense but I don't have access to the Windows VM I
> normally use to do this as I am at ApacheCon this week. I might be able
> to work around that though.
>
> I'll cancel the vote shortly and see about rolling 1.2.46.
>
> Mark

Thank you and have an interesting conference!

Regards,

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Am 18.09.2018 um 13:21 schrieb Mark Thomas:
> Tag:
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomcat/jk/tags/JK_1_2_45/
>
> Source:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-connectors/jk/
>

> This is a maintenance release to address a regression in 1.2.44 and to
> provide general improvements to the handling of path parameters.
> It also includes Windows binaries for IIS.
>

> The proposed JK 1.2.45 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [X] Stable - go ahead and release as 1.2.45

+1 looks good, thanks for RM

Rainer

Re: [VOTE] Release JK 1.2.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.