Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by mahu2425 <ma...@lycos.de> on 2006/07/03 10:18:22 UTC

Re: Entity bean can not remove itself

Hello,

has nobody an idea if this migh be a bug or if I'm doing anything wrong? I really need this feature, that an entity bean can remove itself.

Could anybody help me?   ;-)

Best regards,

Markus

Benachrichtigung bei E-Mail Empfang! - http://mail.lycos.de/app/lycosinside/setupLI.exe

Re: Failover of a JMS queue in Geronimo

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
Geronimo currently uses ActiveMQ 3.x, so anything you can configure
there can be used by Geronimo.  It would be possible, for example, to
set up an ActiveMQ cluster and point Geronimo at that rather than
using the embedded ActiveMQ broker in the Geronimo server.  We're
currently working on ActiveMQ 4.x integration, which offers still more
robust clustering/fail-over support.

Can you explain a bit more about what you're looking for?  Do you want
to just have a list of brokers so if Geronimo can't dispatch a message
to the first in the list it tries the second?  Or do you want Geronimo
to send every message to two brokers so if one fails the other can
take over?  Or something else?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Posted by "D. Strauss" <ge...@ds-2.de>.
Hello, Markus

It's just a little bit difficult to understand why you (the user) should
handle the instance of a bean :-/ That's the job of the EJB container
(greetings to the OpenEJB people). Or can you post a scenario where you
definitely need to remove an EJB? Share your idea :P

AFAIK it's not your business to know too much of the EJB container and
its EJB instances :P

Best regards

Dirk