Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Jerry M <te...@malcolms.com> on 2014/03/05 07:20:04 UTC

James v3b5 Error while processing imap request: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError - org.apache.james.mime4j...

Every time I try to access an IMAP folder from an IMAP client (both
iPhone and Thunderbird) I get the following error message in the log:

Error while processing imap request: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError -
org.apache.james.mime4j.parser.MimeStreamParser.<init>(Lorg/apache/james/mime4j/stream/MimeConfig;)V

This is a warning message, and apparently the request is still honored
by JAMES and the data sent since the iPhone still shows what I was
requesting.  I guess Thunderbird is a bit more sensitive since it gives
me an error and displays nothing.

But the real problem is why the error message is occurring.  In my
coding experience, the only thing that can cause a NoSuchMethodError is
mismatched jar files due to partial builds.  I'm running
james-server-app-3.0.0-beta5-20140225.070129-369-app.  Do you not do a
full build from scratch for dailies?  If you are doing a full clean
build each day, what could possibly be causing this NoSuchMethodError?

I can download another build and try it.  But I'm not thrilled about
doing all of that work if I'm just shooting in the dark.

Is this a known problem?  If so, is it fixed in a later build? Any ideas?

Jerry

Re: James v3b5 Error while processing imap request: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError - org.apache.james.mime4j...

Posted by Melo <he...@gmail.com>.
Is your problem solved ?