Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Chiaming Hsu <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/19 19:09:45 UTC

Using Buildr for PHP modules

Has anyone tried using Buildr for PHP modules?

I am working in an environment which has both PHP modules and Java modules.  It
would be nice to be able to use one build system for both.

There is a set of Maven plug-ins for PHP:
http://www.php-maven.org/

I am wondering if there are something similar on the Buildr side.  If not, how
much effort would it be to create something similar.

Cheers,
Chiaming Hsu

Re: Using Buildr for PHP modules

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
Cool, keep us in the loop.

If you get stuck, you can sometimes find people on the Buildr IRC channel
(on freenode) that can help...

alex

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.
Hi Chiaming,

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Chiaming Hsu <ca...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Has anyone tried using Buildr for PHP modules?

Not that I know of.

> I am working in an environment which has both PHP modules and Java modules.
>  It
> would be nice to be able to use one build system for both.
>
> There is a set of Maven plug-ins for PHP:
> http://www.php-maven.org/
>
> I am wondering if there are something similar on the Buildr side.  If not,
> how
> much effort would it be to create something similar.

Probably half a day's work by someone experienced with Buildr to get basic
packaging, unit testing, doc generation working.

If you're not familiar with Ruby/Rake/Buildr, then probably a couple more
days...

alex