Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2003/10/01 22:12:13 UTC

Build improvements (was Re: The Forrest Option)

Yes, this won't help our build at all.  Until we get Maven running, there
are some options to bring some Maven features over to Ant.  For example,
if we wanted to get rid of jars in our CVS, we could use something like
http://www.krysalis.org/ruper/ or
http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/kevin/archives/2003/09/21/index.shtml#000168.
Ant 1.6 has the ability to import build files which could help to spread
the load.

Don

Re: Build improvements (was Re: The Forrest Option)

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003, Ted Husted wrote:
<snip />
> Ah, well, you see we don't have JARs in our CVS. That's one of the
> reasons people have trouble building Struts at first. They have to go
> off and snag all the JARs themselves. Though, it seems like ruper might
> help in that regard.

Doh!  I blocked out the memory of having to get everything setup.  I do
that with traumatic events :)

Don

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Gastin <ch...@gastin.com>.
Don:

I don't know much about Forrest, but I am starting to read up on it, where
possible. I am willing to throw some muscle work your way, just let me know
what I can do.

Chris Gastin