Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Shyam Sarkar <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/02/09 23:33:31 UTC

Implementing Timestamp (HIVE-192)

Hello,

I like to go deeper into Hive code (starting from parser all the way to file system) by implementing a small feature first. I like to add code for timestamp implementation (HIVE-192). Is that ok to implement? Is there any suggestion?

Also I like to know who should I talk to for new feature suggestions for implementations in future (Is someone the main architect!!)? What is the process involved?

Please let me know.

Regards,
shyam_sarkar@yahoo.com
Shyam Sundar Sarkar,Ph.D.
Founder
AyushNet
650-962-0900

RE: Implementing Timestamp (HIVE-192)

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
Will add them once they get the apache accounts and can actually commit code... I guess at that point they can add themselves in as well :)

Ashish

Posted by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Shyam Sarkar <sh...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you all. I am looking forward to your help to solve various issues.

Regards,
Shyam

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
Go for it Shyam...