Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Delamere <ho...@michael-delamere.de> on 2002/09/19 10:14:59 UTC

bean:write with null beans...

Hi,

because we are integrating struts with our content management system, we are
not always able to make calls directly to ActionServlets (because then you
canĀ“t navigate through the CMS).  That means that some beans might not exist
before the form has been sent off.

i.e.

1) in CMS using jsp with taglib/bean-write
2) send form
3) if validation fails go back to form

Now in step one the formBean has not been created the first time we get
there which causes an error message like "bean could not be found in any
scope".  For us it would be good if an empty String would simply be returned
instead of this.  Is there possibly a way of specifying this anywhere?

Thanks,

Michael