Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by dh...@lexmark.com on 2005/02/09 00:03:08 UTC

Custom load balancing algorithm and mod_jk???

Hi,

We need to use Apache to load balance a set of Tomcat servers.

However, we need to use a custom load-balancing algorithm, based on the
usage of those servers.

Is this possible with mod_jk?  Would it be easy to extend it?  Any other
suggestions?

Many thanks,

David

Re: Custom load balancing algorithm and mod_jk???

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR wrote:
> ---
> Hi....Will you PLEASE stop sending us copies of all your e-mails!

Sure, once when you unsubscribe from the Tomcat Developer List.
You or someone that is using your account subscribed to this list,
so first clean up at your doorsteps.

Here is how-to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail2.html#Tomcat

And, goodbye :)

Mladen.

Re: Custom load balancing algorithm and mod_jk???

Posted by TECHNICAL DIRECTOR <qu...@satalogue.net>.
---
Hi....Will you PLEASE stop sending us copies of all your e-mails!

A.  We don't understand them

B. You are all restricting our available K

C. We don't mind the odd Spam, but 20 per day is a mite  OTT

Mike Hancox...---...G4MJH...---...Technical Director
Satellite Scene Group
http://www.satalogue.com

Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:

> dhay@lexmark.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > We need to use Apache to load balance a set of Tomcat servers.
> >
> > However, we need to use a custom load-balancing algorithm, based on
> the
> > usage of those servers.
> >
> > Is this possible with mod_jk?  Would it be easy to extend it?  Any
> other
> > suggestions?
> >

> Yes, it's possible, but I doubt it has any practical usage.
> Since you are using load balancer, then usage is proportional
> to it's balance factors.
>
> If you ment to balance on CPU usage of remote backends,
> then that'll be hard or even impossible due to AJP13
> protocol limitations. That's why we are trying to make
> a AJP14 protocol.
>
> Regards,
> Mladen.

=====
FROM SATALOGUE TECHNICAL DEPARTMENT.......WE HAVE READ YOUR E-MAIL...

Please call our Duty Engineer on 01332 811564 - for a proper 'one to one' answer as further information and / or clarification is required from you in order to answer your question properly .
               He is available from 10am until 5pm Monday to Friday inclusive.

TO  RETURN TO  SATALOGUE WEBSITE: Click on to link below.....

                  http://www.satalogue.com/about.htm

Re: Custom load balancing algorithm and mod_jk???

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.