Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org> on 2017/05/17 15:50:56 UTC

New PMC member and committer: Takako Shimamoto

Hi all,

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache PredictionIO (incubating)
has asked Takako Shimamoto to become a PMC member and committer, and we are
pleased to announce that she has accepted.

She has made major contributions to the PredictionIO 0.11.0 release by
adding Elasticsearch 5 support. This shows solid understanding of the core
PredictionIO codebase. In addition, she also helped cleaning up and
refactoring code in the core. Having her join forces with us would be
beneficial for PredictionIO's growth.

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the project since there is
no need to go via the patch submission process. This should enable better
productivity. Being a PMC member enables assistance with the management and
to guide the direction of the project.

Please join us in welcoming Takako.

Regards,
Donald

Re: New PMC member and committer: Takako Shimamoto

Posted by takako shimamoto <ch...@gmail.com>.
I will contribute my humble efforts to the prosperity of the project.

Best regards,
Takako

Posted by takako shimamoto <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.