Posted to dev@ponymail.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/13 18:55:03 UTC

Set up Github/CI?

AFAIK, there aren't currently any automated tests for PonyMail.

The new Github Actions look like they could be useful for this.
Any objections if I experiment with setting something up?

The intention would be to run parsing tests only at first (no need for
an ES instance).
It would allow much of the Python code to be tested.

Sebb.

Re: Set up Github/CI?

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 8/13/19 8:55 PM, sebb wrote:
> AFAIK, there aren't currently any automated tests for PonyMail.
>
> The new Github Actions look like they could be useful for this.
> Any objections if I experiment with setting something up?

SGTM!

Re: Set up Github/CI?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 at 06:35, Francesco Chicchiriccò
<il...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13/08/19 20:55, sebb wrote:
> > AFAIK, there aren't currently any automated tests for PonyMail.
> >
> > The new Github Actions look like they could be useful for this.
> > Any objections if I experiment with setting something up?
>
> Not at all, please go ahead: I am really keen to see how the new GitHub
> Actions would work!
>
> > The intention would be to run parsing tests only at first (no need for an ES instance).
> > It would allow much of the Python code to be tested.
>
> I see.
>
> One thing: as far as you know, will GitHub Actions feature running
> Docker containers alongside with tests? If so we could even have actual
> ES instances to do full-blown testing.

Sorry, no idea.

Re: Set up Github/CI?

Posted by Francesco Chicchiriccò <il...@apache.org>.