Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sven Schneider <sv...@freenet.de> on 2005/06/10 12:56:49 UTC

Download of 1.2.0 binaries (Win32)

Hi,

I'd like to download the latest release of Subversion as a Windows
installer. Thus, I went to
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=91
and chose the "svn-1.2.0-setup.exe"-file. But in contrast to the older
version (1.1.4), the download does not work. Having waited a few minutes
for the download to start I get an error message: "The HTTP redirect
request could not be executed." (translated from the German error message).

I tried several times but in vain. I already tried to download at the
end of last week and thought it was just a temporary problem but the
download still seems to be broken.
Is there any other official download location or is anybody able to fix
this? I don't think this is a problem of my PC because the download of
the older version works well.

Thanks in advance,
Sven Schneider

PS: Sorry if you should receive this mail twice. I accidentally sent it
before confirming my mailing list subscription. As usually only members
are allowed to post I think that this mail was blocked and thus send it
again. If this is not the case, sorry for the inconvenience.

RE: Download of 1.2.0 binaries (Win32)

Posted by BobF <rf...@charter.net>.

As big of a pain as it is, it's most times better safe than sorry on the net
these days.

I predict everything will operate on the white list concept in the
not-too-distant future

Re: Download of 1.2.0 binaries (Win32)

Posted by Sven Schneider <sv...@freenet.de>.
Hi,

Frank Gruman wrote:
> Try something other than IE6 (Firefox rocks!).  The default settings
> in IE6 with XP SP2 will fail on redirects if both the existing site
> and the site to be redirected to are not listed in your 'trusted' or
> 'allowed' (I forget which) list of web sites.
Woah, you're right. Added subversion.tigris.org to the trusted zone and
the download works immediately. I should really consider changing my
browser...
Maybe one should add a warning on the download page because I guess many
people don't know about that.

Thanks for your help,
Sven

Re: Download of 1.2.0 binaries (Win32)

Posted by Frank Gruman <fg...@verizon.net>.
Try something other than IE6 (Firefox rocks!).  The default settings in
IE6 with XP SP2 will fail on redirects if both the existing site and the
site to be redirected to are not listed in your 'trusted' or 'allowed'
(I forget which) list of web sites.

Basically, IE thinks that it shouldn't trust these other sites, so it
will not even bother to prompt you about going there.  Remember -
Micro$oft thinks you're just a dumb user.

Regards,
Frank

Posted by Sven Schneider <sv...@freenet.de>.
Hi,

Scott Moynes wrote:
> Maybe this will help. From the release announcement:
>
> MD5:  b00057818c0d1611b4c89f7931ba7e45  svn-1.2.0-setup.exe SHA1:
> 9eb9309d12bf4faaef2eaa2bd994e08dfaaf325e  svn-1.2.0-setup.exe
Well, I checked the announcement at
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/NewsItemView?newsItemID=1159 and
this one does not contain these checksums.

> I'm not a windows user so I am not sure what to use to find the MD5
> or SHA1 hash of a file, but I imagine google can help you there.
That's no problem, I already have such a tool. But I finally managed to
download the original file (see my other mail) so that this is no
problem anyway.

Again, thanks for your help,
Sven

Re: Download of 1.2.0 binaries (Win32)

Posted by Mark Phippard <Ma...@softlanding.com>.
Sven Schneider <sv...@freenet.de> wrote on 06/10/2005 11:32:53 AM:

> Scott Moynes wrote:
> > Try a mirror:
> >
> > http://www.xninja.net/files/subversion/svn-1.2.0-setup.exe
> >
> > I've tested that the link will download but you should verify the
> > checksums, if possible.
> Thank you very much, this link does work for me and I've just downloaded
> the file. But where do I get the checksum of the offical
> "svn-1.2.0-setup.exe"-file from? I couldn't find it on the download page
> and if I found it somewhere via Google, I couldn't trust it as well.

It should match the same checksums as the Subversion page since it is the
same file.

Mark

Re: Download of 1.2.0 binaries (Win32)

Posted by Sven Schneider <sv...@freenet.de>.