Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu> on 2014/02/03 20:54:36 UTC

Summary Re: Hangout: Orchestrator, Registry, GFAC, and API recap and plans

The following will be associated with specific Jira tasks. Here is the
summary:

* Suresh is done with the Thrift API for now, ready from critical feedback.

* Registry needs to implement the data model objects defined in Suresh's
API and map these to database schema and OpenJPA.

* Registry needs to define its Component Programming Interface (CPI).
Ideally, this will be just "get" and "set" methods associated with
Thrift-defined data model objects.

* Orchestrator and GFAC components both also need CPIs. CPIs are Java
interfaces with ".cpi." in the name space.  This is refactoring current
code for the most part.

* While waiting on the Registry changes, we need to evaluate the Thrift
data models from the point of view of the Orchestrator and GFAC.

* We also need to evaluate the Thrift API from the point of view of
external gateways.

* We will need to implement and test the Airavata API Server (or AAS, to
give it a name and abbreviation). This is the Thrift server that maps
API methods to CPI calls.  External gateways call the API.  The AAS maps
these calls to the internal CPI invocations (to the Registry or
Orchestrator).

We also will need to do steps for the Workflow Interpreter but this will
be discussed more later.

Marlon

Re: Summary Re: Hangout: Orchestrator, Registry, GFAC, and API recap and plans

Posted by Marlon Pierce <ma...@iu.edu>.
Please see the Thrift definitions in modules/thrift-interfaces.

Marlon

Posted by Nipun Udara <y....@gmail.com>.
Hi Suresh,

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.