Posted to user@pig.apache.org by He Yongqiang <he...@software.ict.ac.cn> on 2009/04/24 02:00:03 UTC

The second Hadoop in China Salon --- Call For Talk&Participation

///////////////////////////////////////
Sorry for cross posting.
//////////////////////////////////////
Hi,all
    Hadoop in China Salon is a free discussion forum on Hadoop related
technologies and ideas.
    Five months ago, in Nov 2008, we successfully concluded the first hadoop
salon in Beijing. In the previous salon, more than sixty people attended.
Hao Zheng (Yahoo! Inc), Zheng Shao (Facebook Inc) and Wang ShouYan (Baidu
Inc) from the industry gave us very impressive talks on their recent
progresses on Hadoop. And about thirty people (students/professors) are from
Universities and Institutes, who also impressed us deeply. Thank you all the
attendees again. Without you, it would never success.
    In early May this year, we are going to host the second Hadoop in China
Salon. It is our great honor to invite you again to take part in the salon.
The meeting is scheduled on May 9 (the first weekend after Labor Day
Holiday).  And this time we are trying to hold it in iHep(Institute of High
Energy Physics, Chinese Academy of Science). The good part is that we can
visit the Beijing Electron Positron Collider (BEPC, the biggest EPC in
China). The bad part is that it may be a little far from Zhong GuanCun, and
it is on Yu Quan Road.
   We now welcome talkers for this salon with our greatest sincerity. Please
share with us the latest progress in your work or your team¹s work on
Hadoop. If you are interested in giving a talk, please drop me an email. And
we expect more hadoop users and developers to join us this time. Please feel
free to come to the Hadoop discussion forum. Please drop me an email if you
would like to come, so we can prepare more free drink and foods.
  If you have any thoughts on this meeting, please let us know by dropping
me an email.
  BTW, we have collected several fantastic talks so far, including:
1) One by Zheng Shao on the recent progress on Hive.
2) Two or more talks organized by Yahoo! China R&D (Thanks Yahoo! India R&D,
Yahoo! China R&D and Hao Zheng ). One talk is research on machine learning.
The other talk is not finally settled, it would be about hadoop roadmap,
enhancements, new scheduler or Pig.
3) One talk from Baidu Inc. The talk will cover the hadoop scheduler used in
Baidu, data security and computing security.
4) Two talks from two teams in ICT (Institute of Computing Technology,
Chinese Academy of Science). One is about our research effort on data
organization and their influences. The other is about Hadoop On GIS.
Thanks for all the talkers.
Many thanks to Cheng Yaodong from ihep(ihep.ac.cn) for providing the venue
and infrastructure.

I will send more detailed schedule in next week.

Statement: This event is nonprofit.

Re: The second Hadoop in China Salon --- Call For Talk&Participation

Posted by Albert Lee <ha...@gmail.com>.
2009/4/24 He Yongqiang <he...@software.ict.ac.cn>

> [...]
> 2) Two or more talks organized by Yahoo! China R&D (Thanks Yahoo! India
> R&D,
> Yahoo! China R&D and Hao Zheng ). One talk is research on machine learning.
> The other talk is not finally settled, it would be about hadoop roadmap,
> enhancements, new scheduler or Pig.
> 3) One talk from Baidu Inc. The talk will cover the hadoop scheduler used
> in
> Baidu, data security and computing security.
> 4) Two talks from two teams in ICT (Institute of Computing Technology,
> Chinese Academy of Science). One is about our research effort on data
> organization and their influences. The other is about Hadoop On GIS.
> Thanks for all the talkers.
> Many thanks to Cheng Yaodong from ihep(ihep.ac.cn) for providing the venue
> and infrastructure.
>
> I will send more detailed schedule in next week.

good~