Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Andrew <Aw...@smumn.edu> on 2002/03/01 21:03:20 UTC

Creating a seperate torque mailing list?

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, didn't see anything after a
search of the mailing achives, but has there been any thought to the splitting
up of this mailing list to go along with the splitting up of the source tree?
The main reasons I can see for this are:
    1: Those deving only one subproject only get mail about that subproject.
    2: Make searching for issues relating to subprojects versus turbine
easier.

Just my $0.02, not sure if it would be worth the effort involved, but from my
standpoint it would be useful.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu> writes:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Andrew wrote:
>
>> Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, didn't see anything after a
>> search of the mailing achives, but has there been any thought to the splitting
>> up of this mailing list to go along with the splitting up of the source tree?
>
> I would rather not do this until Torque becomes its own subproject.  Even
> though I'm not a "Torque Developer," per say, I don't think that there are
> enough dedicated Torque developers right now to justify it having it's own
> mailing list.  The extra eyes looking at each check-in can't hurt.

I agree with Kurt.  Anyone have any feelings on when Torque should
become its own sub-project?  I'm thinking it should happen very soon
now.

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/1/02 12:06 PM, "Kurt Schrader" <ks...@engin.umich.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Andrew wrote:
>
>> Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, didn't see anything after a
>> search of the mailing achives, but has there been any thought to the
>> splitting
>> up of this mailing list to go along with the splitting up of the source tree?
>
> I would rather not do this until Torque becomes its own subproject.  Even
> though I'm not a "Torque Developer," per say, I don't think that there are
> enough dedicated Torque developers right now to justify it having it's own
> mailing list.  The extra eyes looking at each check-in can't hurt.
>
> -Kurt

+1

-jon

Posted by Kurt Schrader <ks...@engin.umich.edu>.