Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Wasim Bari <wa...@msn.com> on 2008/11/07 15:33:12 UTC

HDFS from non-hadoop Program

Hello,
         I am trying to access HDFS from a non-hadoop program using java.
When I try to get Configuration file, it shows exception both in DEBUG mode and normal one:

org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration: java.io.IOException: config()at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:156)

With the same Configuration files when I try to access from a single stand alone program, it runs perfectly fine.
Some people posted same issues before but no solution is posted. anyone found the solution ?

Thanks

wasim

Re: HDFS from non-hadoop Program

Posted by Sagar Naik <sn...@attributor.com>.
Can u make sure the files in hadoop conf dir is in the classpath of the
java program

-Sagar