Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Morris Jones <mo...@whiteoaks.com> on 2005/01/25 17:50:41 UTC

DBM vs. SQL Bayes performance, mysql

Now that I got SQL Bayes storage running with MySQL, I thought I'd do a
quick and dirty performance comparison on sa-learn.

I restored backups of 100,512 spam, and 61,653 ham from my current bayes
database, then tried "sa-learn --spam --mbox" of 72 recent spams from my
spam folder.

Here are the user CPU times for each:
	SQL	6.578s
	DBM	32.798s

I'm running bare mysql, no innodb or anything.  I suspect that would
increase the INSERT time, but maybe it would speed up the SELECT time.
<shrug>

Mojo
--
Morris Jones
Monrovia, CA

Re: DBM vs. SQL Bayes performance, mysql

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Tue, Jan 25, 2005 at 08:50:41AM -0800, Morris Jones wrote:
> Now that I got SQL Bayes storage running with MySQL, I thought I'd do a
> quick and dirty performance comparison on sa-learn.

http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/BayesBenchmark

Michael