Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rick Edwards <ed...@sasktel.net> on 2003/08/27 19:29:50 UTC

jakarta connector, jBoss 3.0.6 and iPlanet version 6

Hi all

I've compiled version 4.1.27 of the jakarta nsapi_redirector, but can't seem to get anything to redirect.  jBoss is for sure working, because I can access the examples directly, using http://norman:8080/idm/ui/ping.jsp
However, if I try to access these same examples using http://norman/idm/ui/ping.jsp I get a 404 error - page not found.  In my limited understanding of this whole affair, that means that the redirector isn't redirecting.  I do have all the proper NameTrans directives in my obj.conf.
Any takers??

TIA
Rick

Re: jakarta connector, jBoss 3.0.6 and iPlanet version 6

Posted by "Eric J. Pinnell" <er...@iCky.org>.
Hi,

What I had to do is fool netscape into thinking that the file was there.

For example:

I had http://www.foo.com/index.jsp.  I had to touch (write a 0 length
file) index.jsp in the netscape docroot so netscape wouldn't throw a 404.
Doing this would fool netscape into thinking the file was there.  Then the
redirection in the obj.conf would kick in and it would serve up the real
index.jsp from Tomcat.

-e