Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Antonio Iossa <a....@email.it> on 2004/10/07 11:11:27 UTC

Union of fields

Hi all!
I would like to ask to you a question...

Suppose that my schema is composed by three table: T1(a,b) where a is the
primary key, T2(c,d) where c is the primary key, and a bridging table
T1_T2(a,c) because between T1 and T2 there is a many-to-many relation.
I would perform the following query:
                                            select T1.a, T1.b, T2.c, T2.d
                                                        from T1,T1_T2,T2
                                                                where T1.a =
T1-T2.a

With the Criteria objects, it is possible to code the above query as follow:
Criteria criteria = new Criteria();
criteria.addJoin(T1Peer.a,T1_T2Peer.a);
criteria.addJoin(T1_T2Peer.c, T2Peer.c);

And now??
Observe that I need the value of fields of BOTH T1 and T2.
If I wanted only the fields in T2, then I would call the doSelect method as
follow: List l = T2Peer.doSelect(criteria).
Concluding, the question is : is it possible perform a query whose resulting
columns are the union (or a subset of the union) of columns of the tables
involved  in the query?
I read the documentation but I didn't find a way to do this.....

Thank you in advance,
    Antonio Iossa.

 Sponsor:
 Trova e confronta il cellulare più adatto a te! Clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2836&d=7-10

Re: Union of fields

Posted by Andras Balogh <an...@reea.net>.
Hello,

    You could check a method generated by Torque: doSelectJoin....
this does the same thing, retrieves data from 2 or more tables.
(doSelectJoin... methods are generated in BaseXXPeer when foreign keys
are defined)
You have to check the code and than write your own code based on
what you see at doSelectJoin.

Best regards,
Andras.

AW: Union of fields

Posted by Michael Burschik <Bu...@lotto-berlin.de>.
The method doSelectVillageRecords might be what you are looking for.

Regards

Michael Burschik