Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Matthew Emmerton <ma...@gsicomp.on.ca> on 2003/01/09 02:13:02 UTC

apr-iconv dev status?

I'm looking at using the APR libraries with an open-source genealogy package
that is undergoing a complete rewrite and needs to be packed and shipped as
a static binary.  Since the software is MIT-licenced, using GNU
gettext/iconv is impossible because of GPL contamintaion.

I noticed that apr-iconv is based on Konstantin Chugev's iconv-1.0.  He has
a iconv-2.0 which has some improvement (more CCS/CES supported, slightly
enhanced API, etc).

I haven't taken a good look at the extent of the changes that have been made
to apr-iconv post-import (nor to the changes between iconv-1.0 and
iconv-2.0), but I'm wondering if it would be useful to import iconv-2.0 and
carry on from there, as Konstantin hasn't provided any new releases since
Nov/00.

Matt Emmerton