Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by kbar <wh...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/20 11:58:41 UTC

Ubuntu Jackrabbit problem

I am trying to get Jackrabbit running on Ubuntu.

I have followed these instruction

http://wiki.apache.org/jackrabbit/JackRabbitOnTomcat6

But when I try to access it via a URL I get the following..

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML
parsing error on file /WEB-INF/web.xml
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.processWebDotXml(JspConfig.java:207)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.init(JspConfig.java:220)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.findJspProperty(JspConfig.java:273)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:112)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:315)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:295)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:282)

org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:586)

org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:342)
	org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:267)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)
	sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
	java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:537)
	org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)

org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)

root cause

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: XML parsing error on file
/WEB-INF/web.xml

org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:108)
	org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspConfig.processWebDotXml(JspConfig.java:91)
[...]

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Internal Error: File
/javax/servlet/resources/web-app_2_3.dtd not found

org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.MyEntityResolver.resolveEntity(ParserUtils.java:203)
	org.apache.xerces.util.EntityResolverWrapper.resolveEntity(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLEntityManager.resolveEntity(Unknown Source)

org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$DTDDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
Source)
	org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.xerces.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)

org.apache.jasper.xmlparser.ParserUtils.parseXMLDocument(ParserUtils.java:96)
[...]

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0.18 logs.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.18

Re: Ubuntu Jackrabbit problem

Posted by James Abley <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/8/20 Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>

> On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:47 PM, kbar<wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have updated the original post with 3 other different results that I
> seem
> > to get when trying to view jackrabbit.
>
> Please send a new mail. Editing a post is a nabble-only feature and
> doesn't actually get onto the mailing list (note that nabble != this
> mailing list).
>
> > They all seem to have something to do
> > with security permissions. But I do not know what I should be changing.
>
> All those problems seem not related to Jackrabbit, but to the Tomcat 6
> install on your Ubuntu. I would ask on the tomcat mailing lists.
>
> Regards,
> Alex
>
> --
> Alexander Klimetschek
> alexander.klimetschek@day.com

I'd probably try the tomcat distribution from the tomcat website, rather
than what's in the Ubuntu repositories. That might be causing an issue.

Cheers,

James

Re: Ubuntu Jackrabbit problem

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.

Posted by kbar <wh...@gmail.com>.
I just extracted the contents of /usr/share/tomcat6/lib/servlet-api.jar and
it does contain that file at the given location.

I have updated the original post with 3 other different results that I seem
to get when trying to view jackrabbit. They all seem to have something to do
with security permissions. But I do not know what I should be changing.

There are a number of websites people seem like they are doing the same
thing as me but they don't have any problems. It would be great if someone
else could try installing a fresh ubuntu server and seeing if it works for
them. I have tried a few times already with no luck.

http://www.stehno.com/node/189

I am running under Parallels Desktop on MacOSX on a 17" Macbook pro. But
that shouldn't really be a problem, I hope thats not the problem.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.