Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Arun Kumar <ar...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/25 07:38:19 UTC

How to

Is drag and drop of Google gadgets is possible in Shindig project(with out
using other tools like jQuery)?

Re: How to

Posted by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com>.
Can u please explain your query a bit in detail?

If you mean you want to include Drag and Drop feature like the Tabs
feature... here is my answer.
That will be implemented soon. (Just a couple of days back the Tabs feature
was implemented.) Although it can be implemented now if you want to use any
external library like jQuery or Prototype.

*** Perhaps u can add the Drag and Drop feature if you are good at
Javascript. Here is the hint: the jQuery library is right there in the svn.
So just write your function or classes and add them. Create a ticket for
revision of the SVN with your code. ***   Thats just a word of encouragement
for you to participate in the development :)

--
Akash Manohar
akashmanohar@gmail.com

Re: How to

Posted by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com>.
Thats great Kevin.

I was actually looking into the php code and didnt understand what has to be
implemented althought the To-Do list was there.
Now that the docs are here its going to nice.

--
Akash Manohar
akashmanohar@gmail.com

Re: How to

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.

Re: How to

Posted by Akash Xavier <ak...@gmail.com>.
Kevin,

Re: How to

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.
Are you referring to dragging of gadgets around a container page, or drag
within a gadget?

The former is implementation specific, and will probably never be in
shindig. Deployments using shindig (such as igoogle) may support this
functionality, but it's not part of shindig itself necessarily. Feel free to