Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2011/09/20 06:00:35 UTC

FlumeBase state, future, etc.

Hello,

Sorry if this is not the ideal place to ask about FlumeBase, but I could not find a better place and I know Aaron is on the list here.

I'm evaluating stream even processors and of course looking at FlumeBase, which is now at 0.2.0.

Things I'm wondering about:
* Is FlumeBase a 1-man-Aaron show?  Or maybe there is a plan to incubate at ASF in 2011/12?
* Is there a new release coming up soon?  I think the last one was in June and it came with a big "not stable!" warning (see Documentation for 0.2.0)
* Is the plan to stay tightly integrated with Flume or allow integration with things like Kafka or Scribe or ...?

Thanks,
Otis
----
Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Hadoop - HBase

Re: FlumeBase state, future, etc.

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

Thanks Eric, this is valuable feedback!
We've included FlumeBase in our little ESP matrix here: http://blog.sematext.com/2011/09/26/event-stream-processor-matrix/

Now that I look ed FlumeBase on Github, it looks pretty "dead" - no commits in 3-4 months, 0 pull requests, just 1 issue...  Does anyone know is Aaron Kimball is still working on it?

Thanks,
Otis
----
Sematext :: http://sematext.com/ :: Solr - Lucene - Hadoop - HBase