Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marcelo de Barros Alcantara <ca...@uolinc.com> on 2007/07/26 17:34:53 UTC

Problem with dependencies - Conflict - Lucene

Hi All,

I am having a problem with two dependencies (lucene 1.4.3 and lucene
2.0).

They are both dependencies at some level from my "root" dependencies but
the wrong classes are being called making the application unable to run.

1) Someone know how can I isolate the dependencies so that right
correspondent dependencies are called?

2) I tried to use mvn dependency:tree to check the problem further but
it does not work. This goal is still there?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Marcelo Alcantara
www.uol.com.br

AVISO: A informacao contida neste e-mail, bem como em qualquer de seus anexos, e CONFIDENCIAL e destinada ao uso exclusivo do(s) destinatario(s) acima referido(s), podendo conter informacoes sigilosas e/ou legalmente protegidas. Caso voce nao seja o destinatario desta mensagem, informamos que qualquer divulgacao, distribuicao ou copia deste e-mail e/ou de qualquer de seus anexos e absolutamente proibida. Solicitamos que o remetente seja comunicado imediatamente, respondendo esta mensagem, e que o original desta mensagem e de seus anexos, bem como toda e qualquer copia e/ou impressao realizada a partir destes, sejam permanentemente apagados e/ou destruidos. Informacoes adicionais sobre nossa empresa podem ser obtidas no site http://sobre.uol.com.br/.

NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto is CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for use by the recipient named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or secret information. If you are not the e-mail?s intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this e-mail, and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. Please immediately notify the sender replying to the above mentioned e-mail address, and permanently delete and/or destroy the original and any copy of this e-mail and/or its attachments, as well as any printout thereof. Additional information about our company may be obtained through the site http://www.uol.com.br/ir/.

RE: Problem with dependencies - Conflict - Lucene

Posted by Marcelo de Barros Alcantara <ca...@uolinc.com>.
Hi Wayne,

Thank you very much for your message.

I followed your advice and could fix the conflict.

Best regards,

Marcelo Alcantara
www.uol.com.br

Posted by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com>.
"Wayne Fay" <wa...@gmail.com> writes:

> 1) Use "mvn -X" and parse the text dependency tree to find out which
> dependency is pulling in the unwanted lucene artifact version. Just
> copy and paste the "mvn -X" output to Notepad etc and search for
> "lucene". Then add an <excludes> node to the offending dependency to
> exclude the "bad" artifact.

Just to be sure: Is it not possible to outlaw the offending dependency
throughg <dependencyManagement> tag ?

--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.

Re: Problem with dependencies - Conflict - Lucene

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.