Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@wso2.com> on 2013/08/17 22:19:22 UTC

[Proposal] A Code Name for the First Release

Hi Devs,

How do you like to give a code name for each major release of Apache
Stratos?

I'm not sure whether this is too early to discuss since we are still in
incubation.

*Imesh Gunaratne*
Technical Lead
WSO2 Inc | http://wso2.com
Mobile: +94 77 374 2057
Blog: http://imesh.gunaratne.org

Lean . Enterprise . Middleware

Re: [Proposal] A Code Name for the First Release

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@wso2.com>.
Thanks guys for the quick responses!

Actually my idea was that products that use code names together with
version numbering systems tend to get an edge over the other products since
people tend to remember code names more than numbers (even though version
numbering is there). It's kind of a sub product name used for branding.

For an example:
OpenStack: Austin, Bexar, Cactus, ..., Grizzly, Havana
Ubuntu: Lucid, Precise, Quantal, Raring
Android: Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, ..., Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean

Anyway this just a thought, we could stick with version numbering.

Thanks again!

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Imesh,