Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com> on 2017/04/25 07:11:59 UTC

Alternative Cloudstack UI for KVM and Basic Zones (with SG)

Hello, Cloudstack community.

We are proud to present our last development effort to you. During the last
5 months we spend some time to develop alternative Cloudstack UI for basic
zones with KVM hypervisor and security groups. This is basically the thing
we are using in our clouds. During the design of the software we tried to
fulfill the expectations of our average cloud users and simplify operations
as much as possible.

The project is OSS and can be found at GitHub with bunch of screenshots and
deployment guide. It's under active development so, we will ge glad if you
join and provide us with additional feedback, UX considerations and other
interesting information.

Project page at GitHub: https://bwsw.github.io/cloudstack-ui/
Source code: https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui

Have a good day. Looking forward hearing your feedback.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.

Re: Alternative Cloudstack UI for KVM and Basic Zones (with SG)

Posted by "marco@exoscale.ch" <ma...@exoscale.ch>.
Very nice and refreshing! Well done!

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Ivan and team,

Congratulations for building the first version. Looking forward to more improvements.

Thanks for sharing, this looks exciting.

Regards,
Rohit Yadav

________________________________

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

RE: Alternative Cloudstack UI for KVM and Basic Zones (with SG)

Posted by Kishan Kavala <ki...@accelerite.com>.
Ivan,
UI is very impressive and user friendly.
Thanks for sharing.

> Looks very good. Thanks for open sourcing it :)
>
> ~ Rajani
>
> http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
>
> On April 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Ivan Kudryavtsev
> (kudryavtsev_ia@bw-sw.com) wrote:
>
> Hello, Cloudstack community.
>
> We are proud to present our last development effort to you.
> During the last
> 5 months we spend some time to develop alternative Cloudstack UI for
> basic zones with KVM hypervisor and security groups. This is basically
> the thing we are using in our clouds. During the design of the
> software we tried to fulfill the expectations of our average cloud
> users and simplify operations as much as possible.
>
> The project is OSS and can be found at GitHub with bunch of
> screenshots and deployment guide. It's under active development so, we
> will ge glad if you join and provide us with additional feedback, UX
> considerations and other interesting information.
>
> Project page at GitHub: https://bwsw.github.io/cloudstack-ui/
> Source code: https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui
>
> Have a good day. Looking forward hearing your feedback.
>
> --
> With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
> Bitworks Software, Ltd.
> Cell: +7-923-414-1515
> WWW: http://bw-sw.com/

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

DISCLAIMER
==========

Posted by Kishan Kavala <ki...@accelerite.com>.
Ivan,
UI is very impressive and user friendly.
Thanks for sharing.

> Looks very good. Thanks for open sourcing it :)
>
> ~ Rajani
>
> http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
>
> On April 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Ivan Kudryavtsev
> (kudryavtsev_ia@bw-sw.com) wrote:
>
> Hello, Cloudstack community.
>
> We are proud to present our last development effort to you.
> During the last
> 5 months we spend some time to develop alternative Cloudstack UI for
> basic zones with KVM hypervisor and security groups. This is basically
> the thing we are using in our clouds. During the design of the
> software we tried to fulfill the expectations of our average cloud
> users and simplify operations as much as possible.
>
> The project is OSS and can be found at GitHub with bunch of
> screenshots and deployment guide. It's under active development so, we
> will ge glad if you join and provide us with additional feedback, UX
> considerations and other interesting information.
>
> Project page at GitHub: https://bwsw.github.io/cloudstack-ui/
> Source code: https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui
>
> Have a good day. Looking forward hearing your feedback.
>
> --
> With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
> Bitworks Software, Ltd.
> Cell: +7-923-414-1515
> WWW: http://bw-sw.com/

DISCLAIMER
==========

Posted by Jayapal Uradi <ja...@accelerite.com>.
New UI pages looks good.

Thanks,
Jayapal
> On Apr 25, 2017, at 1:55 PM, Rajani Karuturi <ra...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Looks very good. Thanks for open sourcing it :)
>
> ~ Rajani
>
> http://cloudplatform.accelerite.com/
>
> On April 25, 2017 at 12:42 PM, Ivan Kudryavtsev
> (kudryavtsev_ia@bw-sw.com) wrote:
>
> Hello, Cloudstack community.
>
> We are proud to present our last development effort to you.
> During the last
> 5 months we spend some time to develop alternative Cloudstack UI
> for basic
> zones with KVM hypervisor and security groups. This is basically
> the thing
> we are using in our clouds. During the design of the software we
> tried to
> fulfill the expectations of our average cloud users and simplify
> operations
> as much as possible.
>
> The project is OSS and can be found at GitHub with bunch of
> screenshots and
> deployment guide. It's under active development so, we will ge
> glad if you
> join and provide us with additional feedback, UX considerations
> and other
> interesting information.
>
> Project page at GitHub: https://bwsw.github.io/cloudstack-ui/
> Source code: https://github.com/bwsw/cloudstack-ui
>
> Have a good day. Looking forward hearing your feedback.
>
> --
> With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
> Bitworks Software, Ltd.
> Cell: +7-923-414-1515
> WWW: http://bw-sw.com/

DISCLAIMER
==========

Posted by Sebastian Gomez <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hello Iva, good work!

Atentamente,
Sebastián Gómez

Posted by Rashmi Dixit <ra...@accelerite.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.
Hello, Pierre-Luc

We didn't think about it yet, but I suppose if the UI is mature and quite
universal then if community vote for it and there are no drawbacks for
development process I believe it's great.

As an long term advantage of the project I see the usage of the state of
art frontend development stack (TypeScript, Angular2 and Material) which is
great and and fits for next several years which may be good for the project
and future users who are planning to push development efforts to integrate
the ACS in their environments.

26 апр. 2017 г. 9:26 пользователь "Pierre-Luc Dion" <pd...@cloudops.com>
написал:

Wow, that looks great, good start!

Do you have intent to give it back as an Apache projet eventually?

Thanks for the initiative!

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Nathan Johnson <nj...@ena.com>.
Very nice!

Posted by Rubens Malheiro <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hey this is nice! Congratulations for this work!!!

WIN/WIN

101%Cloudstack

Posted by John Adams <ad...@gmail.com>.
This is great!!!

Posted by Rashmi Dixit <ra...@accelerite.com>.

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.
Hello, Ricardo.

Right now it supports only native ACS authentication, not SAML.
But, please, submit feature request and we will consider it in the backlog.
We don't have SAML cluster deployed, but I suppose your assistance could
help if you have required environment deployed.

Have a good day.

Posted by Ricardo Makino <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.