Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/17 21:11:15 UTC

Updating/inserting into multiple column families using one mutator batch

Hi,

Is it ok to update / insert into multiple column families (some regular,
some related super column families) using in one batch?

I earlier had a few separates mutator.execute() calls hitting these CFs, but
I am trying to merge them into a bigger batch.

The issue I am facing is that the smaller batches used to get executed
perfectly, but with the combined one, the updates just hang !

I am not pin-pointing the issue anywhere at this time. I just want to know
if it is normal to update multiple CFs in a batch and if there is deadlock
situation that may arise if that is done.

--
Roshan
Blog: http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/

Re: Updating/inserting into multiple column families using onemutator batch

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@datastax.com>.
You could try turning up the thrift_max_message_length_in_mb and
thrift_framed_transport_size_in_mb (by default 16 and 15MB
respectively) in cassandra.yaml to see if that helped.

Posted by ro...@gmail.com.

Posted by Nate McCall <na...@datastax.com>.

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi,