Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 2006/07/18 16:00:35 UTC

mod_proxy feature coming up

Pretty soon I'll be committing my "balancer set" patch to
httpd-trunk. This basically allows for member sets within
a balancer similar to the 'distance' mod_jk attribute.
What it does is allow for more control over which
members will be used via m_p_b. The logic is:

     Look for all usable members in set #0
     If none exist, look for any host standbys in #0
     If none exist, select the next set and loop

I think this design provides the most flexibility
for the admin. Anyway, this will require an update
to the pertinent data struct to add the "set" element.
I will also at this time likely add a "busy" element
as well, in anticipation of the by-busyness LB method
patch ;)

Re: mod_proxy feature coming up

Posted by Jean-frederic Clere <jf...@gmail.com>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Pretty soon I'll be committing my "balancer set" patch to
> httpd-trunk. This basically allows for member sets within
> a balancer similar to the 'distance' mod_jk attribute.
> What it does is allow for more control over which
> members will be used via m_p_b. The logic is:
>

>     Look for all usable members in set #0
>     If none exist, look for any host standbys in #0
>     If none exist, select the next set and loop
>
> I think this design provides the most flexibility
> for the admin. Anyway, this will require an update
> to the pertinent data struct to add the "set" element.
> I will also at this time likely add a "busy" element
> as well, in anticipation of the by-busyness LB method
> patch ;)

Nice I have also prepared "memory slot handler" to replace the
scoreboard space used by mod_proxy may I should wait before committing
the part that affects mod_proxy.c, proxy_util.c and mod_proxy.h?

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Re: mod_proxy feature coming up

Posted by Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Pretty soon I'll be committing my "balancer set" patch to
> httpd-trunk. This basically allows for member sets within
> a balancer similar to the 'distance' mod_jk attribute.

Huh, thanks :)
I've only spend two weeks on it.

--
Mladen.