Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ed Lester <ep...@syr.edu> on 2001/09/26 19:44:42 UTC

Apache Tomcat apj13 - Config. Pblm.

When Apache and Tomcat are on the *same* machine, I have been able to set up an instance of Tomcat to function as a servlet container for an
Apache webserver using the ajp13 connector with mod_jk.  However, when Apache and Tomcat are on *separate* machines, the client response after
several minutes is an HTTP 404 and the Tomcat console  displays an ArrayOutOfBoundsException.  When the connector is changed to ajp12, it works fine.
     There has been mention of this problem as a bug when there is a POST of a significant size but this is happening on calls for simple JSP's.
      My environment is the IBM HTTP Apache Server, based on Apache 1.3.19,  with Tomcat 3.2.3 on Windows NT 4.0.
      Does anyone have this (or a similar environment) working on *separate* machines with the ajp13 connector?

                                                                         @@ Ed @@