Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Wiles <mw...@pnp.co.za> on 2004/02/04 11:35:10 UTC

Displaying properties in a nested iterator

How do nest iterators?

An exert from my jsp...

<logic:iterate property="orders" name="allocationOrder"
		id="element">
..
..
do stuff with element
..
..
	<logic:iterate property="orderDetails" name="element" id="subElement">
	..
	..
	do with with subElement
	..
	</logic:iterator>
..
</logic:iterate>

The problem is that although the _number_ of elements in the nested
iterator is correct, if I try and do

	<bean:write name="subElement" property="orderNo"/>

I get a "No getter method for property orderNoof bean subElement" exception.

I noticed that there is a "nested" tag library, and I've tried to utilise this, but with no success.

How do you successfully nest iterators and display properties in the nested iterator?
I don't want to use a scriptlet.

Read our disclaimer at: http://www.picknpay.co.za/email-disclaimer.htm
If you don't have web access, the disclaimer can be mailed to you on request.
Disclaimer requests to be sent to it-security@pnp.co.za

Re: Displaying properties in a nested iterator

Posted by Michael Wiles <mw...@pnp.co.za>.
the class for the contents of the nested form was not public!

--
Michael Wiles <mw...@pnp.co.za>
Pick 'n Pay IS - 1665