Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Héctor Izquierdo Seliva <iz...@strands.com> on 2011/06/08 11:54:24 UTC

Data directories

Hi,

Is there a way to control what sstables go to what data directory? I
have a fast but space limited ssd, and a way slower raid, and i'd like
to put latency sensitive data into the ssd and leave the other data in
the raid. Is this possible? If not, how well does cassandra play with
symlinks?

Re: Data directories

Posted by Héctor Izquierdo Seliva <iz...@strands.com>.
I'm actually using it in a couple of nodes, but is slower than directly
accesing the data in a ssd.

Re: Data directories

Posted by Chris Burroughs <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: Data directories

Posted by Héctor Izquierdo Seliva <iz...@strands.com>.
El mié, 08-06-2011 a las 08:42 -0500, Jonathan Ellis escribió:
> No. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-2749 is open to
> track this but nobody is working on it to my knowledge.
>
> Cassandra is fine with symlinks at the data directory level but I
> don't think that helps you, since you really want to move the sstables
> themselves. (Cassandra is NOT fine with symlinked sstable files, or
> with any moving around of sstable files while it is running.)

I was planing on creating another keyspace and moving the slow sstables
there. Of course everything done while the node is stopped.

Thanks for your help

Re: Data directories

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

--