Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Vince <wa...@verizon.net> on 2016/03/29 16:32:15 UTC

JAVA Requirements

Hello fellow AOO users:

The other day I wanted to make use of the AOO-Calc Help function from
the menu bar, but I was given an error message about Java file corrupted
or invalid version and that I should install a different JRE.

I am using Win8x64. Thought that all was okay with regard to Java
requirements, but something was wrong.

How can I verify which JAVA run time is installed and that it is the
correct version?
When using Tools-OO-Java, I am told that Oracle Corporation version
1.8.0_73 JRE is already installed.

I do not recall how to locate the JRE within my hard drive.  Back in the
2015 Fall, I did a OS reset from Win10 back to Win8.1, and I do recall
that both x32 and x64 JREs were installed on C: drive at that time.

It appears to Not be a problem now, and Calc has been running as
expected all along.  Could this be a timing issue?

Regards,
VinceB

Re: JAVA Requirements

Posted by nasrin khaksar <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
i read in open office and libreoffice that java is requires for
complex tasks like base, macro etc.
when i tested open office, i observed that its required for vizards too.
vizards like: letter, agenda, fax, and web page.
and its very far that calc help needs java.
i did not install java and the help is without error.
thanks for asking and god bless you.

On 3/29/16, Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/29/2016 10:32 AM, Vince wrote:
>> Hello fellow AOO users:
>>
>> The other day I wanted to make use of the AOO-Calc Help function from
>> the menu bar, but I was given an error message about Java file
>> corrupted or invalid version and that I should install a different JRE.
>>
>> I am using Win8x64. Thought that all was okay with regard to Java
>> requirements, but something was wrong.
>>
>> How can I verify which JAVA run time is installed and that it is the
>> correct version?
>> When using Tools-OO-Java, I am told that Oracle Corporation version
>> 1.8.0_73 JRE is already installed.
>>
>> I do not recall how to locate the JRE within my hard drive.  Back in
>> the 2015 Fall, I did a OS reset from Win10 back to Win8.1, and I do
>> recall that both x32 and x64 JREs were installed on C: drive at that
>> time.
>>
>> It appears to Not be a problem now, and Calc has been running as
>> expected all along.  Could this be a timing issue?
>>
>> Regards,
>> VinceB

>       The most likely problem is that you are should be using the 32 bit
> version of java because your AOO is 32 bit.
>
> Dan

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Re: JAVA Requirements