Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Poppe, Troy" <Tr...@eia.doe.gov> on 2004/11/30 22:11:19 UTC

[OT] Do you place generated code under Version Control?

Sorry for the off topic question, but I suspect that a number of the users of
Maven have run across this issue before.

This question really comes from my use of XDoclet, and the generated code that
results from running XDoclet.

Do you place the generated code from Xdoclet under version control?  Or do you
rely on the versioning of the main source file, and a particular version of the
tool (Xdoclet) to re-generate the generated code?

Thanks.

Troy

Re: [OT] Do you place generated code under Version Control?

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
On Fri, 2004-12-17 at 19:20, Brett Porter wrote:
> How is that different to --info?

The difference is that it generates an artifact, with all related tasks
(generate, install, install-snapshot, deploy, deploy-snapshot, etc...)

> You can add it to the sandbox if you like - its a playground.

Ok, I will do it later.

-- Felipe

Re: [OT] Do you place generated code under Version Control?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
How is that different to --info?

You can add it to the sandbox if you like - its a playground.

- Brett

Posted by Felipe Leme <ma...@felipeal.net>.
Brett,

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
> Do you place the generated code from Xdoclet under version control?  Or do you
> rely on the versioning of the main source file, and a particular version of the
> tool (Xdoclet) to re-generate the generated code?

The latter.