Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by sanjayrajsoni <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/14 00:27:00 UTC

Multiple Log4J configuration files

Can we use multiple configuration files.

We have a situation here. There are multiple applications deployed on
the production box.

First application/jar file is has a static initializer which call :

PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch("somefile.lcf");

Then there is a web-application which get loaded later which calls:

DOMConfigurator.configureAndWatch("some.xml");

What will happen in this scenario?

What i have observed is that the messages get logged to appenders
defined in the first "somefile.lcf".

THen some time later the  web-app gets loaded and it closes the
previous appenders and then no more messages are logged to appenders
in first file.

Can somebody recommend how to do this correctly?